12 October 2009
The next meeting of the APPG on M.E. will be held: 1.30-3pm, Wednesday 21 October 2009, Committee Room 20, House of Commons.
1. Welcome by the Chairman
2. Speaker (TBC. The Rt Hon Yvette Cooper MP, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, has been invited.)
3. Minutes of the last meeting
4. Matters arising
- APPG Inquiry into NHS Services
- Future Chairmanship
- Future Work of the APPG
- APPG legacy paper (in preparation for the General Election) - see below
5. Green Paper, Shaping the Future of Care Together
6. Welfare update
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Welfare Reform Bill
7. Any other business
8. Date of next meeting
Note: Legacy Paper
One of the items on the agenda is the drafting of a legacy paper, outlining areas of work for the APPG, in the event of a change of officials following the General Election. The Chair, Dr Des Turner, has already indicated his intention to stand down.
People with M.E. are invited to put forward three or four bullet point suggestions for the key issues and objectives for the APPG, following the General Election. Please e-mail your ideas to the Secretariat, who will produce a draft consensus document from the results.
Submissions received by 5pm 19 October will be considered for inclusion in a draft legacy paper to be tabled 21 October. Later submissions should be received no later than 20 November, to be considered for inclusion in the second draft.