Day 5 of Lords Welfare Reform Committee
18 October 2011
The House of Lords will spend its fifth day debating the Welfare Reform Bill today.
According to the Parliamentary website topics already discussed include:
- the amount toward costs that universal credit may cover
- provisions about claims for universal credit
- entitlement to universal credit and the conditions for a person to qualify to receive universal credit
- changes concerning the inclusion of an amount towards extra living costs for dependent children and an amount towards housing costs in the universal credit award
- capital and income thresholds for entitlement to universal credit, such as Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs), general savings and child trust funds.
Read our other news stories.