Work and Pensions Committee launch IB Inquiry
7 April 2011
The House of Commons Work & Pensions Select Committee have launched an inquiry into the migration from Incapacity Benefits to Employment Support Allowance, including the Work Capability Assessment.
The Inquiry will focus on:
- The Department’s communications to customers going through the assessment
- The Work Capability Assessment including the service provided by Atos staff
- The decision-making process and how it could be improved
- The appeals process, including the time taken for the appeals process to be completed
- The outcome of the migration process and the different paths taken by the various client groups
- The time-scale for the national roll-out for the migration process
Short submissions (no more than 3,000 words) are invited from interested organisations and individuals.
The deadline for submissions is 14 April 2011.
To give your views on concerns about the migration for people with M.E. please contact Policy Officer Tris Rodriguez.