MPs table written questions about M.E.
18 April 2012
Labour MP for Knowsley, George Howarth, has tabled five Written Parliamentary Questions to Health Secretary Andrew Lansley concerning M.E. which are due to be answered tomorrow.
- If the the Health Secretary will publish each paper held by his department on research evidence on M.E. in each of the past 20 years
- What programmes his department has in place to raise medical awareness about M.E.
- Whether his department classifies M.E. as a neurological condition
- How many people (a) were diagnosed with and (b) died from M.E. in each year since 2005.
- Whether his department considers the Perrin Technique to be an efficacious treatment for the symptoms of M.E.; and whether it is available as an NHS treatment.
Meanwhile, fellow Labour MP David Anderson (Blaydon), has tabled a Written Parliamentary Question asking the Health Secretary what research his department has commissioned on M.E. in the past three years. This is also due to be answered tomorrow.
Read our other news stories.