Some other publications produced by Action for M.E. or Action for M.E. and partners can be downloaded here.
You may need Adobe Acrobat to read them online.
- NHS report: Ignorance, injustice and neglect (2012)
Produced by Action for M.E. using information obtained through Freedom of Information requests to all PCTs in England and their equivalents in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Scottish election manifesto for M.E. (2011)
Produced by Action for M.E. and the Association of Young People with M.E. (AYME), following consultation with people with M.E. – so that the main political parties in Scotland can know and address the issues faced by people with M.E.
- Election manifesto for M.E. (2010)
Produced by Action for M.E. and the Association of Young People with ME (AYME) in consultation with people who have M.E., for lobbying MPs and local parliamentary candidates prior to the General Election in Westminster.
- Future of Care (England) consultation report (2009)
Our response to the Government Green Paper Shaping the Future of Care Together, which was informed by a survey of 281 people.
- No one written off: problems and potential solutions for people affected by chronic fluctuating conditions (2008)
Points raised through a national consultation involving 1162 people with M.E. and their carers in response to the Government's welfare reform proposals.
- M.E. 2008: What progress?
Initial findings of a national survey of over 2,760 people with M.E. focusing on their health and welfare, published by Action for M.E. and AYME for M.E. Awareness Week, May 2008.
- Child protection guidance
Child protection guidance for professionals working in health, social services and education, which aims to dispel myths and clarify issues relating to the diagnosis, management and the care pathway for CFS/M.E. Produced in association with AYME.
- Scoping exercise report for the Scottish Government (2007)
The Final report of Action for M.E.'s scoping exercise of M.E. in Scotland, submitted to the Scottish Government 19 October 2007.
- Facts and figures (2006)
All the information we gathered from major surveys undertaken as part of our 2006 'M.E. - More Than You Know' campaign.
- Men & M.E. (2007)
Further analysis of information gathered from our 2006 surveys and interviews with men with M.E., published as part of our 2007 M.E. Awareness campaign.
- M.E./CFS summit report and Executive summary (2006)
An overview of the M.E./CFS Summit for researchers and clinicians, held November 2006. This event was organised by Action for M.E. in conjunction with the Medical Research Council.
- M.E. diagnosis: delay harms health (2005)
Produced by an M.E. Alliance of national charities including Action for M.E., this report highlights the importance of a prompt diagnosis and calls for action from doctors, the government and the Medical Research Council.
- Guidance on the management of CFS/M.E. (2002)
Based on the Chief Medical Officer's report, this guide aimed to assists GPs in the assessment and management of patients with CFS/M.E., prior to the publication of more recent NHS guidelines.
- Chief Medical Officer's working group report on CFS/M.E. - a guide (2002)
Action for M.E.'s guide to the report explaining the key messages and recommendations and giving a balanced look at the report in general.
- Chief Medical Officer's working group report on CFS/M.E. - children and young people's guide (2002)
An in-depth look at sections of the CMO report with particular relevance to children and young people.
- Severely neglected (2001)
A report examining the experiences of severely ill people in accessing health and social care.
- Report on survey of local M.E. group members (2001) by Dr Lesley Cooper
- National Task Force report and Summary (1994)
Report for the Department of Health by the National Task Force on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome (PVFS), Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), Chaired by Dr David Tyrrell CBE, FRS and co-ordinated by Westcare, which later merged with Action for M.E.