Action for M.E.'s Research Panel
Chaired by Trustee Jane Young, Action for M.E.’s Research Panel reports to the Board of Trustees and holds delegated responsibility to:
- support the development of Action for M.E.’s research strategy
- oversee implementation of the research strategy
- maintain a watching brief on behalf of the board on the relevance and potential value of research initiatives in the field of M.E./CFS.
Jane is joined on the Panel by three Action for M.E. Supporting Members:
- Cecilia Finerty, who has a PhD in Computing and Mathematics
- We're currently recruiting two new members
Other Panel members are:
- Sonya Chowdhury, our CEO
- Dr Alastair Miller, our Principal Medical Adviser
- Jane Logan, Trustee and Senior Lecturer in Midwifery, University of Bedfordshire
- Professor Derek Pheby, Trustee and Visiting Professor of Epidemiology, Buckinghamshire New University
- Philip Marsden, Trustee
- Professor Stephen Holgate, Chair, CFS/M.E. Research Collaborative.
- Dr Gregor Purdie, Trustee
- Jane Faulkner, supporting member
The Panel's full responsibilities are outlined in its terms of reference.