Low energy fundraising ideas
There are thousands of ways for you to raise funds for M.E., including some to enjoy with family and friends. Here are a just few suggestions to get you started.
- Take part in Unity, the nation’s charity lottery for a chance to win £25,000!
- Knit to raise funds! Simply send us your wonderful creations for our stalls.
- Hold a sponsored tea party or coffee morning. Offer herbal tea or soft drinks for anyone who has to avoid caffeine. We can send you some invitations or you can print your own!
- One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Sell your unwanted goods on e-Bay or at a car boot sale.
- Ask your family and friends to give a donation instead of a gift on your birthday, or for your wedding or anniversary.
- Raise money whilst you shop online.
- Organise a Dinner for Good.
- Recycle any unwanted jewellery, including broken and mismatched items. Ask our Community Fundraiser for a freepost envelope.
- Sponsored walks – it doesn’t need to be a marathon! If you’d like to find out about events in your area, please contact our Community Fundraiser.
- Ask your local council if you can hold a street collection for Action for M.E.
- Ask your local supermarket or library to put out collection tins for Action for M.E.
- Ask our Community Fundraiser for T-shirts, badges and keyrings to sell to friends and family.
- Purchase our fundraising cookbook - The cookbook features contributions from many people with M.E., as well as famous cooks like Ainsley Harriott, and has been approved by a qualified nutritionist. Order the latest edition directly from Erskine Press.
- Recycle your mobile phone and raise funds through our recycling scheme. Contact our Community Fundraiser for your free mobile recycling envelopes.
- Silence is golden - ask people to sponsor you for being silent.
- Get people to pay £1 to guess how many objects in a jar. Winner gets a prize!
- Open up your garden and ask for donations or charge a small fee.
- Keep a swear-box by your bed for a day – or for the whole month! You can contribute yourself, and ask any visitors to do so too. You could fine them £1 a time or ask for a donation! Just ask for one of our collection tins.
- Make greetings cards by using pictures from cards, calendars and magazines – or you could draw and paint them! You could sell them onto friends or family, or ask someone you know to sell them for you, maybe at a craft stall.
- Organise a £5 draw with friends and family. Everyone who enters writes their name on a £5 note, and the person who gets picked wins 25% of the total amount. The rest you can donate to Action for M.E.
- Ask for a home collection box– get rid of all those coppers!
- Get stamp collecting - for each kilo of stamps, Action for M.E. gets £3. Post your used stamps to Action for M.E.
- Put all your loose change in an Action for M.E. home collection box and send us a cheque when it is full.
- Shave your head, legs, eyebrows or (come on boys!) your chest for charity.
Don’t forget, you can also help by joining us as a Supporting Member, buying from our shop or from big name brands.
You can also find these ideas in our fundraising pack and sponsor forms are also available. Need some materials to help you fundraise? Order some here. Find out how to pay the money in after the event.
Call our fundraising team on 0117 930 7293 or email Fundraising.