Free online workshops and events
Our free online events mean you can connect and make friends with other young people with M.E.
We keep this page up to date with all the information you need to take part. We hope to see you soon!
Breaking Isolation workshops
Our free online Breaking Isolation workshops are an exciting opportunity to meet other children and young people who have M.E., to get to know each other and to take part in fun games and creative activities. We hope you will also feel more confident talking about your experience of M.E. in a safe and understanding environment.
You don't need to be a member of our Young People's Community to take part.
We offer workshops for two ages groups, 8-14 years and 15-18 years, that alternate each month and run on a first come, first served basis. Our workshops run for 1 hour to 1.5 hours long, depending on the size of the group (ie. the more people taking part in the workshop, the longer it will be, up to 1.5 hours).
Everyone signing up to take part will receive a confirmation email with full joining instructions and everything they need to know about the workshop.
- When? Our next workshop will take place in mid-March, date TBC.
- Where? Online via Zoom webinar, with breaks included.
- Who can take part? Young people with M.E./CFS aged 8 to 14 years.
- What will it involve? Time to meet other young people with M.E./CFS, and participate in fun interactive and creative activities and discussions on relevant topics that you choose at the beginning of the workshop (like school and coping with symptoms).
We'll share the link to register for the March 2024 workshop soon!
If you are under 16, we will need your parent/guardian permission for you to attend (there's a section for them to complete on the sign-up form about this).
These workshops are more suitable for young people who are moderately or mildly affected. If you are more severely affected and would like to join in, please get in touch to talk about how we may be able to meet your access requirements.
Future dates for your diary
The sign-up link for each Breaking Isolation workshop will be shared on this page the month before, and it’s a first come first served basis. So sign up quickly to avoid disappointment, but bear in mind there will be more workshops coming!
- Thursday 14 March 2024 for 8-14 year olds
- Thursday 18 April 2024 for 15-18 year olds
- Thursday 16 May 2024 for 8-14 year olds
If you would like more information about the workshops or have any questions, please send us an email.