CMRC2018 conference: first films now available
October 05, 2018
On 19 and 20 September, the UK CFS/M.E. Research Collaborative (CMRC) welcomed people living with M.E., scientists, clinicians and industry experts to its fifth annual science conference in Bristol, and films of conference presentations are now available.
One delegate told us the conference felt “hugely valuable in understanding current research” and was a “fantastic opportunity for researchers, charities, patients and carers to have a collective voice, share knowledge and agree priorities to move forward.”
As a CMRC Board member, Action for M.E. took the lead on organising this exciting event, and are delighted to share films of presentations from day one, including:
- Prof Stephen Holgate opening the CMRC 2018 conference
- Dr Nina Muirhead on ‘The views of a Doctor with ME on educating Doctors and medical students about ME’
- Prof Alain Moreau on the ‘Identification of post-exertional dysregulated circulating microRNAs in ME/CFS pathogenesis’
- Dr Mark Jones on ‘What will it take for the pharmaceutical industry to engage in CFS/ME drug discovery’
- Dr Luis Nacul on ‘The UK ME/CFS biobank: Accelerating global research in ME/CFS’
You can find all of these on our YouTube channel, and we anticipate uploading the remaining footage over the weekend and the beginning of next week.
We also tweeted live from the event using the #CRMC2018 hashtag, with our tweets being seen more than 246,000 times, and liked, replied to and retweeted more than 2,500 times.