To all of our dedicated volunteers – thank you.
June 03, 2019
This week is Volunteers Week and we would like to use this as an opportunity to celebrate and say thank you for the invaluable contribution you make.
Some of our fantastic volunteers have been with us for many years, while others gain valuable work experience over shorter periods. Some work with us in our Bristol office, while others make their essential contribution from home. We are immeasurably grateful for the time and energy they spend enriching our work, and helping us reach even more people affected by M.E.
Our volunteers work in a huge variety of different areas such as:
- our volunteer advocates, trained to empower people with M.E. to understand their rights, thanks to our pilot advocacy service in the Midlands and South West
- ensuring our support, membership and fundraising services run smoothly, and contributing their experience and expertise to our communications and campaigning work
- taking time and energy to be volunteer peer mentors, offering mutual support and guidance to others affected by M.E. in Scotland through our Mentor M.E. project
- writing brilliant content for our membership magazine, InterAction, proofreading it to make sure everything is accurate and easy to understand, and recording articles for our Soundcloud channel to ensure those who have trouble reading InterAction can listen instead
- sharing stories, reviews, pictures, poems and jokes for our Cheers updates – all the content comes directly from members of our Children and Young People’s Community
- keeping our Children and Young People’s forum a safe and fun space – all down to our young peer-moderator volunteers
We are also incredibly grateful to our Trustees who volunteer their time and energy to lead us in working together to achieve our aims, deliver our strategy and, most importantly, make our vision of a world without M.E. a reality.
You are all amazing.