How to attend our AGM and Conference via Webinar
October 14, 2019
As promised, we will be live streaming our AGM and conference, which is taking place tomorrow. There will be two separate webinars on the day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Although we are sharing links for the webinar today, please wait until 10 minutes before the webinar is scheduled to start to sign up. Here's what you need to know:
Morning session 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Voices from our Big Survey, presented by the Action for M.E. staff team
Presented by our Policy Officer, we will launch key findings from our Big Survey on living with M.E./CFS in the UK.
- Panel discussion, chaired by Jane Stacey, Trustee, Action for M.E.
Our panel will share reflections on the Big Survey data presented and take questions from delegates. Joining Sonya Chowdhury, Chief Executive, Action for M.E., on our panel, we are delighted to welcome:
- Dr Nina Muirhead, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust; and Medical Education lead, CFS/M.E. Research Collaborative
- Ed Scully, Deputy Director, Primary Care Policy, Department of Health
- Ben Howlett, Managing Director, Public Policy Projects
Here is the link for the morning session: https://zoom.us/s/175326426
Afternoon session 3.30pm to 4.30pm
- Action for M.E. Annual General Meeting
Agenda will include:
- Chief Executive’s report for 2018 – 2019, with contributions from the biomedical PhD students we are funding
- Treasurer’s report for 2018 – 2019
- Proposal for the appointment of new and continuing Trustees, subject to the results of postal ballot of Supporting Members
- Chief Executive’s forward view 2019 – 2020
Here is the link for the afternoon session: https://zoom.us/s/440725260
Instructions to sign up:
1.Click the link up to 10 minutes before the webinar is due to commence.
2. Once you click the link you will be taken to this screen:
3. Fill in your information on the Webinar registration form. You will need to provide your full name and email address.
4. You will then be taken to this screen. Please click the URL to join.
5. You will then be taken to this screen. Please select “Open Zoom Meetings.” This is a pop up so you will need to allow the page to create pop ups. Your setting may be configure to block pop ups. If this is the case and you need instructions on how to allow these, here is a link to a website that has some.
If you would prefer to view it in you browser you can do this by selecting "click here."
6. After this you will be taken to the webinar where you can watch the conference. If you have signed up before the webinar has started you will see this:
Please note that if you sign up too early your session might time out. If this happens please sign up again. We recommend signing up a maximum of 10 minutes before.
Other things that you might want to know about our Webinar:
- you will not be able to see other attendees. Other attendees will not be able to see you. However, if you talk in the chat other attendees will see your name
- there is a chat function available in the webinar. This is where you can ask questions that for our staff to potentially ask the panel/speaker. A member of our team will monitor this
- we are not able to provide technical support
- asking a question does not guarantee that it will be put to the panel/speaker.
If you have any questions about this, please ask us in advance. We will not be able to answer these on the day. We look forward to seeing you!