CMRC Board meeting: latest update
December 04, 2018
A short written report from last month's meeting of the Board of the UK CFS/M.E. Collaborative (CMRC) are now available to read on our CMRC page, giving updates on:
- the CMRC's priority-setting partnership with the James Lind Alliance
- recruitment to the Patient Advisory Group, which ensures that the views and experiences of patients are central to the CMRC decision-making process
- the International Alliance for M.E. consensus document, which was shared with the World Health Organisation this morning
- the CMRC's presentation to the Medical Research Council's Population and Systems Medicine Board earlier this year
- the CMRC's fifth annual science conference, which took place in September.
A full report of the conference, with overviews of presentations and links to recordings on our YouTube channel, was published on the 5 December. Delegates at the conference had the opportunity to attend one of three workshops, one of which focused on biomedical research priorities. As a result, the CMRC is establishing four working groups to develop strategies and implement action plans on -omics and big data, medical education, mitochondrial biology and immunology.
The Board of the CMRC will next meet in January.