A A A Text size

Do you need an advocate? Empowering you to have your voice heard

September 17, 2019

If you live in the Midlands or South West our Advocacy Service may be able to help you to access support, and help you understand your rights. Our advocates can explain processes in an accessible way, and support you to challenge the opinions of others in situations that affect you, including (but not limited to):

• accessing health and social care
• with professionals you see because of M.E.
• services appropriate to your needs
• decisions related to housing
• improving support in the workplace
• accessing support in education
• challenging discrimination.

Emily recently received support from us for her social care needs assessment:

“Thanks very much again for all your help. It's been really good to have your support and I'm feeling more prepared. I've learned during our time working together too. It's taken me a long time to accept that I'm disabled but there's so much more to life than that label. Thank you.”

If you are an adult with a diagnosis of M.E. living in the Midlands or South West and you are in need of advocacy support you can self-refer by self-referral form or by phone on 0117 937 6644.

Find out more.