Information support and welfare benefits service temporary closure
June 06, 2019
Action for M.E.’s Information and Support Service will be closed from Thursday 6 June.
Due to staff sickness affecting capacity, we have taken the difficult decision to close our Information and Support Service until the circumstances change. This will give our team time to work through the existing back-log, and ensure that those who have left a message get a response as soon as possible.
The closure means that our Information and Support Officers, will not be taking calls, responding to new emails, or taking requests for call-backs. Our Head of Children and Young People’s Services will be working on existing cases, but is unable to respond to new calls or emails.
We appreciate that this situation is far from ideal, and sincerely apologise.
You can still access information and support from us in other ways:
- Staff leading our fundraising, membership, communications and policy work can still be contacted on 0117 927 9551.
- Our website offers information and support on most aspects of living with M.E., including what M.E. is and who it affects; being diagnosed;managing symptoms; and setbacks and relapses.
- You can read and/or download our welfare benefit factsheets on ESA, PIP, Universal Credit and more
- We offer three-peer support forums for young people and adults; users report feeling less isolated as a result.
- Our archive of articles from InterAction, our membership magazine, covers topics as diverse as coping with higher education, living with severe M.E., and being a carer.
If you need emotional support, the Samaritans are always there to listen, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We anticipate re-opening the Information and Support Service on Tuesday 11 June, and will post further updates if this period needs to be extended. Thank you for your understanding.