It's polling day: has your candidate seen our M.E. manifesto?
May 05, 2016
"Every person with M.E. – wherever they live – should have access to informed support. Will you help transform the lives of people with M.E. and their families?"
That's the question our M.E. matters now election manifestos for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ask all those standing for election today.
In the coming weeks, we will contact the successfully elected candidates who have already pledged their support to see how we can work together to improve the lives of people with M.E.
When the results are announced, please consider contacting your newly elected MSP, AM or MLA to highlight the impact of M.E., and send them a copy of the relevant M.E. matters now manifesto, which highlights the importance of:
- understanding key facts about M.E. and its impact on those affected
- scrutinising the Government’s plans to improve services and support for people with M.E.
- access to appropriate social care and a fair and effective welfare benefits system for people with M.E. and their carers
- provision of appropriate support for people with M.E. who are able to access education, employment and training opportunities
- access to a person-centred care plan including ongoing monitoring and support, and specialist diagnostic and condition management services, for everyone with M.E.