Join us for a Cream Tea for M.E.
June 04, 2020
Whether you’re jam first, or cream first, we would love you to get involved in Cream Tea for M.E.
With Friday 26 June being National Cream Tea Day, we are asking our supporters to create cream teas for family and friends, in return for a donation to Action for M.E.
In recent weeks, we have seen a three-fold increase in requests for urgent support – at a time when our income is expected to drop by at least half. Every penny raised by Cream Tea for M.E. will help our Crisis, Advocacy and Support service make a difference for more adults, families and young people with M.E. across the UK.
Taking part is as easy as pie (well, scones).
- Pick a day to take part, on or around Friday 26 June.
- Set up a Cream Tea for M.E. JustGiving page, saying a little bit about why you are getting involved.
- Decide how many cream teas you can comfortably prepare and safely store in your kitchen. It doesn’t have to be lots – every cream tea counts!
- Start promoting to your family, friends, neighbours, colleagues and classmates, asking them to confirm how many cream teas they would like.
- Get baking (or buying – whatever your energy levels allow). We would love to see your progress pics, scone snaps
- Deliver or agree collection (sticking to social distancing guidance) in return for donations, helping us reach more people with M.E.
For a detailed guide, including how to set up a JustGiving page linked to our campaign and lots of great resources, we will have a Cream Tea for M.E. toolkit available very soon!
Shielding, and still want to get involved? Consider a virtual cream tea party, and ask friends and family to donate to join you by video call – we’ll have details about this in the toolkit.
In a jam? Our fundraising team are here to help, answer questions, and cheer you on. Please email or call on 0117 927 9551.