Listen to M.E. launches
May 19, 2022
Are you feeling lonely? Want to talk to someone who understands M.E.?
Our new project, Listen to M.E., aims to help adults affected by M.E. feel less isolated.
Our fully trained volunteers offer a listening ear so you can talk through the things on your mind. You don't need to have a diagnosis, and we welcome calls from carers and family members as well as people with M.E.
Listen to M.E. is the right service for you if you want to:
- have someone listen without judgement; our volunteers will not give advice or make suggestions
- make a connection with a friendly volunteer who understands the impact of M.E.
- share how you are feeling. Please note that Listen to M.E. is not a counselling or mental health support service, so it's not the best service if you are in distress or need urgent support. If you are distressed or need urgent support, whatever you are going through, there are people you can talk to any time. You can call Samaritans on 116 123 or text SHOUT to 85258. Mind also has practical online tools to support people in crisis.
Listen to M.E. launches on Wednesday 25 May 2022, and lines will be open two hours every weekday. This is a new project, and we welcome all feedback about your experience so we can improve the service and support we offer.
You can call and speak to a volunteer:
- Mondays and Tuesdays 11am to 1pm.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays 1pm to 3pm.
Would you like a text alert or email to let you know the service has launched? Let us know via our Google Form.