Watch our AGM and conference live online next week
October 07, 2019
Registration for our annual AGM and conference is now closed.
If you are unable to attend in person but would still like to watch – don’t miss out! We will be live streaming the event, taking place Tuesday 15 October, through a free online webinar.
You will be able to attend the following events via our live broadcast, as follows.
Morning session 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Voices from our Big Survey, presented by the Action for M.E. staff team
Presented by our Policy Officer, we will launch key findings from our Big Survey on living with M.E./CFS in the UK.
- Panel discussion, chaired by Jane Stacey, Trustee, Action for M.E.
Our panel will share reflections on the Big Survey data presented and take questions from delegates. Joining Sonya Chowdhury, Chief Executive, Action for M.E., on our panel, we are delighted to welcome:
- Dr Nina Muirhead, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust; and Medical Education lead, CFS/M.E. Research Collaborative
- Ed Scully, Deputy Director, Primary Care Policy, Department of Health
- Ben Howlett, Managing Director, Public Policy Projects
Afternoon session 3.30pm to 4.30pm
- Action for M.E. Annual General Meeting
Agenda will include:
- Chief Executive’s report for 2018 – 2019, with contributions from the biomedical PhD students we are funding
- Treasurer’s report for 2018 – 2019
- Proposal for the appointment of new and continuing Trustees, subject to the results of postal ballot of Supporting Members
- Chief Executive’s forward view 2019 – 2020
Those watching the conference online will have the opportunity to put questions to the panel via the webinar’s chat function. A member of staff will monitor this.
Please note we are not able to offer tech support. You need to be able to operate Zoom through a device connected to the internet.
A link to the webinar’s registration will be available soon, along with full joining instructions. Watch this space!