Stop M.E. stealing lives: donate to our Research Appeal
December 05, 2016
It’s shocking that research funding for M.E. is still well below the level we see for other illnesses. It still feels as though some people do not see M.E. as a debilitating, serious illness – something we all know is very much the case.
By donating to our 2016 – 2017 Research Appeal you’ll be contributing to our dedicated Clare Francis Research Fund, which we are using to:
- fund at least one three-year postdoctoral or PhD studentship at any one time for projects focused on biomedical M.E. research
- fund the Clare Francis Research Fellowship for biomedical M.E. research, to support a talented early-career researcher continue their biomedical M.E. research - more details on this will be announced soon
- play a leading role in driving new collaborations to increase interest and investment in M.E. research.
Action for M.E. is taking an active role in working with the M.E./CFS Epidemiology and Genomics Alliance (MEGA), who are seeking funding from mainstream funders to carry out an exciting and potentially game-changing big data study, aimed at better understand the biology of M.E. This valuable data will be available for other researchers to use for future studies over many years, increasing the momentum of M.E. research.
We need your support
You can make a donation by:
- visiting our 2016 – 2017 Research Appeal page on Just Giving
- calling 0117 927 9551 and speaking to the Fundraising Team
- texting MERA81 and your donation amount (£3, £5 or £10) to 70070 (texts to this number are free).
Together we can stop M.E. stealing lives. Thank you.