World ME Alliance announces World ME Day 2023 theme
February 07, 2023
The World ME Alliance have announced the World ME Day 2023 theme.
ME: The disease where pushing harder can make you sicker.
For May 12th this year, we will be focusing on post-exertional malaise - a symptom that everyone with M.E. experiences. We want this key aspect of the disease to be the first thing that comes to mind when someone hears about M.E.
In the run up to May 12th, we are planning to:
- Define the story of M.E. around this core worsening of symptoms
- Connect and build alongside those with long COVID
- Create resources to help everyone #LearnFromME and post-exertional malaise
- Lobby decision-makers globally for more research and better education around post-exertional malaise
- Creating ways for the community to share their stories about the true impact of this debilitating symptom of M.E.
We will be continuing to use the hashtag #LearnFromME because we know the M.E. community has invaluable knowledge and expertise to share, and everyone can #LearnFromME. Whether you are a health professional, a friend, a family member, a politician, a healthcare commissioner, or a member of the public: M.E. is a disease that we can and should learn from.
You can find out more about this year’s theme for World ME Day on the World ME Alliance’s website.