Big Give Christmas Challenge 2021
We’re really excited to be participating in the Big Give Christmas Challenge again this year from 30 November – 7 December. Can you help us make this years’ Big Give Challenge out best yet?
The Big Give Christmas Challenge is the UK’s biggest match-funding campaign, where for one week only, all donations are doubled, meaning that every penny you give is worth twice as much. In 2020, our Big Give Champions, Candis Group, along with some of our generous supporters, kindly provided this match pot to double every donation, meaning that together we raised £169,710.
Because of you and your incredible support, we have been able to improve lives through our services for people with M.E. and invest in biomedical research. This includes increasing the range of support we offer by recruiting a Family Support Officer, Katharine, and a Children and Young People’s Advocacy Support Officer, Jacqueline. Through these roles, we can improve the lives of young people and families affected by M.E., like Emma. After working with Jacqueline, Emma’s mum said:
“Emma is actually very keen to be a part of the young person’s community. At first, I think she wasn’t sure what to expect. I think getting to know you and realising that you are clearly listening to her has helped. She sees Action for M.E. as a ‘friend’ now. Thank you.”
This year, with your support, we are hoping to match last year’s success. Through funds raised in this year’s Big Give Christmas Challenge, we will continue to be a ‘lifeline’ for people with M.E., many of whom have been in lockdown for years. It is vitally important that while we provide services for people with M.E. who need support now, we also position ourselves as a leader for change to create a better future. We will do this by:
- Continuing to offer our vital Information, Support and Advocacy service, to ensure people with M.E.’s needs are heard and understood. We will also continue to develop our services by improving access for underserved communities such as those with severe M.E. and Black, Asian and other ethnic minorities, through increased outreach and further opportunities for participation within our charity activities.
- Increasing awareness and understanding of M.E. by educating GPs and health professionals, including developing training resources and podcasts.
- Creating further investment in new researchers and inspiring future leaders in the field of M.E. research to ensure we can count on long-term investment to improve treatments, understanding and care.
To take part in the Big Give Christmas Challenge this December, follow these three simple steps:
- Save the date! This year’s Big Give Christmas Challenge starts at midday on 30 November and runs for seven days.
- Visit the Big Give website from midday on Tuesday 30 November until Tuesday 7 December, and any donation above £1 will be doubled, at no cost to you!
- Tell a friend, and see their gift doubled too. Last year, one in every six Big Give donations was from someone who had not donated to us before, so we need your help to spread the word!
To find out more, please call us on 0117 927 9551 or email our team at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support.