Walk with M.E. 2022 is here!
Walk with M.E. is our sponsored walk with a twist - everything is done as a team.
Our annual fundraiser, Walk with M.E. began on 31 May and will run for 100 days until 7 September. We have 13 teams who will be aiming to count 1 million steps in 100 days, whilst completing fun competitions and raising funds to support people of all ages living with M.E. Even better – every penny raised will be doubled, thanks to a generous family trust.
Could you join them and help us make this year our best yet?
"I got diagnosed just over 12 months ago after struggling with fluctuating symptoms for 10 years with various diagnoses and treatments during that time. Since diagnosis I have improved dramatically and feel better than I have done in the last 10 years most of the time. I feel like the work Action for ME has done in getting the 10 research priorities and the issues talked about in parliament are the best of any of the UK charities. I would be proud to be associated with you." – Vick, on why they’re taking part in Walk with M.E. this year
You can follow our teams’ fundraising here: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/walkwithme22
Or you can sign up and join them! See the steps below for how to take part in Walk with M.E.
How to take part
Taking part in Walk with M.E. is easy! Follow these simple steps to get involved.
- Fill in this sign-up form, and receive your Welcome Pack from the Action for M.E. fundraising team
- Set up your JustGiving page, and start fundraising. Don’t forget – every penny you raise will be DOUBLED thanks to a generous family trust, having twice the impact for people living with M.E.
- Start counting those steps! You can follow our guide in the Welcome Pack for the best ways to count your steps.
- Join our Facebook group and stay up to date with the other teams and our fun competitions. If you don’t have Facebook, don’t worry, we’ll also be sending out newsletters to teams as well.
Make Walk with M.E. your own
Walk with M.E. was designed by fundraiser Natalie as a more accessible fundraising event, to allow people with varying energy levels to take part. Here are a few ways you could make Walk with M.E. your own:
- Nominate a friend, family member or carer to walk on your behalf. Last year, Emily, Emily and Sian walked on behalf of their close friend Hannah, who has M.E.
- Share steps out with friends and family to make it more manageable and build that team spirit! Kathy, who has M.E., and her family decided to work together to count the steps over the summer holidays.
- If you’re a wheelchair user, you could track distance travelled instead of steps.
- If your health allows it, why not try and do a large number of steps in one go, by doing a huge walk? In 2019, Sarah and her friends got creative and decided to take on the Yorkshire Three Peaks challenge, walking on behalf of her husband Stuart, who has M.E.
- If you’re into a different sport, why not make it 1 million lengths with your local swimming team? Or 1 million steps whilst playing football?
The important thing is to set a challenge that is right for you, whether that's contributing 10 steps overall as part of a team, or walking 100,000 across a weekend! However you choose to take part, you’ll be making a real difference by raising vital funds for our support services.
Last year, our brilliant teams raised over £5,000! Can you help us to match this success in 2022? When you sign up to take part in Walk with M.E., you’ll receive the dedicated support of our fundraising team, who will provide advice, fundraising ideas, competitions and motivation throughout the campaign.
Emily, Emily and Sian, who took part in Walk with M.E. 2021
If you have any questions about Walk with M.E., please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly fundraising team on email@example.com or 0117 927 9551 and choose 'fundraising' option.