Information and support
We are here for anyone living with or supporting someone with M.E./CFS of any age, anywhere in the UK. You are not alone – call us now on 0117 927 9551 (or see “Get in touch” for other contact methods).
Our friendly Information & Support team is the first point of contact for many (you can also access some services directly by following the links below). They can support you by phone and email to:
- help break issues down so they feel less overwhelming
- explore priorities and possible next steps
- frame questions you want to ask professionals
- feel heard and understood
- access useful resources and peer-support (see below).
The Information and Support team can also refer you to other Action for M.E. services, or you can download referral forms yourself, including:
- free, independent advocacy for adults with M.E. (click for more information and a self-referral form)
- free, independent advocacy for children and young people with M.E., and Family Support for their parents and loved ones (click for more information and
a self-referral form)
- Healthcare Services from our clinical team, offering individually tailored whole-person care. As a charity, we charge fees for our Healthcare Services only to cover our costs, and a bursary for up to 50% of fees may be available, depending on your circumstances (for a referral form, please get in touch).
Get in touch
You can call the Information and Support team on 0117 927 9551 (Monday to Friday 10am to 4.30pm). We can send an email summarising our call with links to any resources/sources of support we’ve talked about.
You can email us and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as they can, within five working days.
If you want to request information and/or have specific questions about referrals to about any of our services, please complete the webform below, including giving your consent to contact you with the information you request. If you are under 16, we will get in touch to ask for your parent/carer's contact details, as we need their consent for you to use our services.
April 2022: Due to very high numbers of enquiries, our phone line is operating on reduced hours at the moment. Our answerphone message gives our current availability, and you can leave a message if we are not able to pick. We are responding to enquiries as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding.
Find resources and peer-support
We offer key information with the aim of supporting you to make informed decisions about what is right for you. While our Information and Support and Advocacy teams do not recommend any specific treatments or management approaches, our Healthcare Services team works with individual patients to offer personalised advice, care and support.
If you are seeking specialist legal or employment advice; or specialist mental health support, we can signpost to appropriate organisations.
"Excellent service. As a parent it can feel very daunting. Your service helps with lots of useful resources to try and helps me feel more capable in supporting their needs."
You can download our booklets and factsheets for free online, or we can send them to you by post or email, on topics including but not limited to:
- symptom management and accessing health services
- welfare benefits processes, rights and entitlements
- accessing social care
- liaising with your child's school
- getting reasonable adjustments at work.
Our peer-support forums for adults with M.E. and 18s and under with M.E. are completely free to join and users tell us they feel better supported, and less isolated.
"It's been great to make friends with other M.E.- ers. Can be a very isolating disease, so don't feel so alone when no support at home."
Not a Supporting Member yet? Join us today. It's free for anyone 18 and under, and £21 a year for adults. Your vital contribution will help make a real difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of people affected by this devastating illness.
Funding from The National Lottery Community Fund (through the Awards for All programme) is continuing to help provide free Information, Support and Advocacy service to people with M.E. Thank you to the National Lottery players for making this possible.