The 2.6 Challenge
Action for M.E., like so many other charities, relies on our brilliant fundraisers taking part in fundraising events to support our vital work.
The cancellation of these events due to the Covid-19 pandemic is potentially disastrous – which is where the 2.6 Challenge comes in! Launching on Sunday 26 April, the date of now-postponed London Marathon, this nationwide fundraising campaign aims to help save UK charities, including Action for M.E.
Can you come up with your own 2.6 Challenge fundraiser based on the numbers 2.6, 26, 260,or 2,600 (you get the idea) to raise sponsorship or ask for donations?
Here at Action for M.E., our Chief Executive Sonya Chowdhury walked 2.6 miles to deliver more than 170 homemade curries, in return for donations, for her own Curry with M.E. fundraiser - and raised more than £28,400 in the process!
- share this page with 2 or 6 or 26 people to help promote our 2.6 Challenge campaign
- walk 2.6 km - or 26 steps - around your house, or stand on one leg for 2.6 minutes, if you are well enough
- host a virtual quiz with 26 questions
- draw a self-portrait series – one in 2.6 seconds, 2.6 minutes and 26 minutes
- read - or even compose! - 2 or 6 or 26 poems
- spot 26 different creatures in your back garden
- learn to count to 26 in a different language
- draw 26 rainbows to hang in your window
- or simply make a donation to help us reach more people with M.E. via our Crisis, Support and Advocacy Service, set up in response to the Covid-19 pandemic?
Once you’ve chosen your challenge you’ll need to set up your fundraising page where you can direct friends and family to sponsor you.
- Go to our Action for M.E. campaign page and select "Fundraise now" to set up your 2.6 Challenge page – you can set your target at anything you like, though £260 seems fitting!
- Tell your friends, family, colleagues and neighbours about
the campaign. You can ask people to donate to your challenge, encourage others
to sign up and spread the word about how they too can support our work by
- Get stuck into your challenge! And don’t forget to film, record your challenge and share with your sponsors and with us. We’d love to see your challenges so don’t forget to tag @actionforme on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and use the hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge
For support, tips and ideas, please don't hesitate to email our Fundraising Team or call us on 0117 927 9551.