Services and support
A A A Text size

Welfare benefits

Welfare benefits

If you have M.E. or care for someone who has M.E., you may be entitled to claim welfare benefits. Action for M.E. produces a range of factsheets about the benefits available, including information on applying and, if necessary, appealing. You can find links to these below.

PLEASE NOTE The DWP suspended face-to-face assessments, in late March 2020, for three months. In July, it announced that some review and reassessment activity would begin to resume for PIP and Disability Living Allowance (DLA). Please check for updates at

If you need help applying for Employment and Support Allowance or Personal Independence Payment, you can use SEAP’s benefit support app. This helps you prepare by testing any application form answers you have drafted to estimate how many points you might score.

Other sources of support

You can also contact the following for further welfare benefits information: