If you have M.E. or care for someone who has M.E., you may be entitled to claim welfare benefits. Action for M.E. produces a range of factsheets about the benefits available, including information on applying and, if necessary, appealing. You can find links to these below.
- ESA: an overview (updated July 2020)
- PIP: an overview (updated July 2020)
- Universal Credit: an overview (updated July 2020)
- Supporting evidence for PIP and ESA claims
- DLA: a guide to filling in the form
- DLA: revisions and appeal
- DLA face-to-face medicals for adults and children
- DLA for children under 16
- Permitted Work
- Our factsheet on applying for a Blue Badge is under review. You can find guidance on the Citizens Advice Bureau website.
Impact of Coronavirus
The UK Government has published guidance on Statutory Sick Pay, Jobcentre appointments, health assessment appointments, changes to Universal Credit and Working Tax Credits, Local Housing Allowances and Housing Benefit.
Face to face assessments for all welfare benefits remain suspended. People are encouraged not to delay making claims as all benefits remain open and telephone and paper based assessments are in place where appropriate.
Other sources of support
You can also contact the following for further welfare benefits information: