Your child and M.E.

A A A Text size
Useful contacts

Useful contacts

Child Law Advice
Tel: 0300 330 5485
Operated by Coram Children’s Legal Centre, Child Law Advice provides specialist advice and information on child, family and education law to parents, carers and young people in England.

Department for Education
Government guidance in England and Wales relating to pupils with medical needs, including school attendance guidance.

Disability Rights UK
Tel: 0800 328 5050 (Tue and Thu 11am to 1pm)
Offers further information and support in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, through its student helpline, which you can email.

Enquire Scotland
Tel: 0345 123 2303
Enquire offers information and support for learning in Scotland, including impartial advice about how pupils can access the right support. It also provides a range of easy-to-read guides and factsheets.

Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Tel: 0808 800 0082 (Mon to Fri 9am to 7pm and Sat 10 am to 2pm)
EASS offers advice and assistance to those who think they may have experienced discrimination, including referrals from employers, service providers and educators. This service is available in England, Scotland and Wales, and able to support a variety of languages.

Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
You can find useful information about discrimination on the EHRC websites for England, Wales and Scotland and Northern Ireland, including employment and tenancy rights.

Information, Advice and Support Network (IAS)
IAS Services have a duty to provide information, advice and support to young people with disabilities, and their parents in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Useful resources include E-Learning factsheets and online consultancy.

Independent Parental Special Education Advice (IPSEA)
Telephone: 01799 582030 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)
IPSEA offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland,

Education Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland Government information about education.

Resolve: ASL
Tel: 0131 313 2322
Resolve: ASL is the largest independent mediation provider in Scotland and works to assist local education authorities to meet the requirements of the Scottish 'Additional Support for Learning' act of 2004/09. The service is available to both families and professionals.

Scottish Government Education
All policies, publications, consultations and news relating to education in Scotland.

Special Educational Needs Advice Centre (SENAC)
Tel: 0289 079 5779 (Mon to Wed 10am to 1pm)
SENAC is a charity in Northern Ireland providing an independent advice, information and advocacy service for parents of children and young people with special educational needs up to the age of 19 across a wide range of learning difficulties.