Breaking Isolation Workshop - March 2023
February 01, 2023
We are running a Breaking Isolation workshop for young people aged 15-18, funded by BBC Children in Need.
Registration to take part in this workshop is closed, as this workshop is now full.
The workshop will take place in 3 parts, starting at 4.15pm – finishing at 5.45pm on the following dates:
- Wednesday 8th March
- Wednesday 15th March
- Wednesday 22nd March
The sessions will be held via zoom and will be for 1 hour and a half with a 15 minute break.
This is an exciting opportunity to meet other young people who have M.E, to get to know each other and to take part in fun games and creative activities. We hope you will also gain confidence in talking about your M.E. in a safe and understanding environment.
- Maximum of 12 young people per workshop.
- Open to young people aged 15-18.
- Will be co-facilitated by other young people with M.E. and two Action for M.E. staff members.
- There will be a break, and you will be able to turn your camera or sound off and/or mute yourself at any point.
- It will be fun, and has been designed by young people not to be too demanding!
- You can opt in or out of activities and there is no pressure to speak.
Please note that these workshops are more suitable for young people who are moderate - mildly affected. If you are more severely affected but would like to join in, please contact the team to discuss how we may be able to meet your access requirements.
If you are under 16, we will require your parent/guardian permission to attend - they do this through the above registration form.
If you would like more information or would like to register your interest in future workshops, please email email@example.com.