Huge thank you to our amazing volunteers and Trustees
June 01, 2020
From writing articles for InterAction to raising money through fundraising events, our fabulous volunteers are crucial in helping us to support thousands of people living with M.E.
This Volunteers’ Week (today to Sunday), we say a huge thank you to each and every one of our volunteers, who enrich our work in so many different ways.
Some volunteer from their own homes, and some work with us in our Bristol office (currently closed). All have one thing in common – they dedicate their time and energy to improving the lives of people with M.E. in the UK.
- Our volunteer advocates support people with M.E. to understand their rights. In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, our advocacy service has expanded from the Midlands and South West to UK-wide
- Our volunteer peer mentors offer mutual support and guidance to others affected by M.E. in Scotland through our Mentor M.E. project.
- Our support, membership and fundraising volunteers help keep our services running run smoothly, while our communications volunteers help ensure our website and information resources are up to date.
- Writing brilliant content, proofreading for accuracy, and recording articles for our Soundcloud channel, our InterAction volunteers are vital in making our membership magazine such a valuable resource
- Our young volunteers are the heart of our peer-support services for children and young people; they contribute to our regular e-zine Cheers, they help keep the forum safe, and they writing cards and letters to other young people with M.E.
We’d also like to acknowledge our wonderful Trustees for voluntarily sharing their valuable time, energy and experience, steering Action for M.E. as we work towards our shared vision – a world without M.E.
If you have skills and experience you'd like to volunteer to support our work, we would love to hear from you.